Alumni Association of the Tertiary Educational Institutions on the Morne (AATEIM) Mentorship Programme
AATEIM is an organisation of graduates and past faculty and staff of the various Tertiary Educational Institutions which have existed on the Morne. Over the years, many former students and staff have succeeded in a range of professions and arenas internationally, regionally or locally. Now is the time to give back!
To benefit current students of SALCC and recent graduates, AATEIM’s Mentorship programme will tap into this wide network of expertise and lived experience to help:
- Identify possible career paths
- Increase opportunities, employability and key skills
- Build Professional development and job-related confidence
“The delicate balance of mentoring someone is not creating them in your own image, but allowing them to create themselves.” — Steven Spielberg
As a mentor, you will
- Help guide your mentee on his or her career path and assist with setting goals, identifying resources and networking opportunities for the mentee(s)
- Provide Work experience and advice, motivational and role modelling support
- Assist in personal development and positive growth mindset
- Assist in the areas of interest identified in the programme
Mentoring is recommended at least once per week. Duration from 20 minutes to 1 hour per interaction.
The Introductory meeting of the Mentor/Mentee should be open, realistic and honest to cover these important points or boundaries:
- How often should we both meet or call? Or scheduled meeting dates/times
- Any inaccessible days or time
- The length of the mentoring relationship ( The 2 Academic terms, or 1 or 2 years)
- What can the Mentor offer
- What is the Mentee looking for? The purpose/area of interest that was identified on the registration form.
- Expectations, code of conduct for video or group call meeting( s) ‘
Responsibilities of Mentors- Refer to the Terms of Reference for the programme
Mentors Meeting(s)with Mentorship committee ( minimum)
- Meeting and training of mentors- 4th September 4-6 pm
- Mid-term meeting ( after 6 weeks)
- End-of-term meeting
- Beginning of 2nd Term ( 1st week of classes)
- Mid-Term Meeting ( after 6 weeks)
- End of 2nd Term meeting
For more information see the full Mentee Guideline.
“Every beginner possesses a great potential to be an expert in his or her chosen field.”
~ Lailah Gifty Akita
As a mentee, this programme is your opportunity to gain real-work experience, networking opportunities and gaining a life coach for your career.
AATEIM is looking to successfully match you with a mentor in the area that is important to your personal career development. This depends on the availability of mentors to mentees.