Alumni Spotlight: Jimmy M. A. Evelyn - Global Brewery auditor for Heineken
Jimmy Evelyn is a 1982 graduate of the A Level College, currently Sir Arthur Lewis Community College, Division of Arts Science and Technology. A 1986 graduate of Cave Hill Campus, Barbados and a 1991 graduate of Siebel Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois with a BSc. in Natural Science and a Diploma in Brewing Technology respectively. In 1997 he graduated with a Master’s in Business Administration from Cave Hill Campus, UWI. Jimmy is married to Nancy Evelyn (nee Gerald) and they have two young adults Serita and Jean-Michel Evelyn who have all supported him throughout his career.
A qualified Master Brewer and former member of the Master Brewers Association of America until 2002; he formulated, designed and brewed Piton Beer the local beer of St. Lucia and later the line of Piton Shandies.
Over the last thirty years (30) Jimmy Evelyn has worked for and held many positions in various HEINEKEN companies from:
- Quality to Production Manager at Windward & Leeward Brewery Ltd. currently HEINEKEN St. Lucia where he started his brewing career.
- Brewing Consultant for HEINEKEN Africa and Middle Eastern breweries, based in The Netherlands (2002-2006) where he supported eleven breweries in Nigeria, Ghana Lebanon, and Jordan.
- Brewery Manager; Commonwealth Brewery-The Bahamas (2006-2011),
- Technical Manager – Guinness Ghana Breweries (2011-2016).
- In 2016 he was part of the team involved in the building and commissioning of then HEINEKEN’s newest brewery Heineken Mozambique. As the Production Manager Brewing and Quality he formulated, designed, and brewed the local beer called Txilar (pronounced Chilla) and the commissioning of local production of Heineken beer.
- Site Director SONOBRA Group, Grombalia Brewery, Tunisia. (2021)
As a Global Brewery auditor for HEINEKEN, this has taken him to many countries in the Caribbean, Central America, Africa and the Middle East and he has supported the development, design and improvement of many employees, beer brands, and breweries in HEINEKEN.
Currently, Jimmy Evelyn is the Production Manager of Brasserie National D ’Haiti S.A.
Prior to his brewing career, he was employed with Victoria Hospital laboratory for three years as a Medical Technologist.